If you were to take a look at lingual braces before and after pictures, or an Inman Aligner before and after picture, you’ll see that orthodontic treatments really do work. At our smile Manchester clinic based in Cheadle Hulme we’re more than happy to show people the results that they could achieve by undergoing adult orthodontics using discreet removable or fixed braces. So how do they work and how long do they take?
Orthodontic treatments can fix a number of dental problems including crooked teeth, gapped or flared teeth, or even an over/underbite. Although brace and aligner style systems differ immensely in terms of design and fit, they all follow the same principle. That is to gently push or pull the teeth back into alignment using gradual but continual force. Over time (and this depends upon the degree of treatment needed) the wearer is left with straighter aligned teeth and a smile that they can be proud of.
In some cases the transformation between lingual braces before and after or an Inman Aligner before and after can be huge. In others, transformations may be more subtle. What’s more important is that at the end of the treatment, the patient is happy.
So what type of brace systems can a patient have?
There are many underlying factors that dictate the type of orthodontic treatment a patient will have. These include:
- Cost – Some orthodontic treatments are more costly than others, so budgets may need to be taken into consideration
- Type of problem – Certain brace systems are better at dealing with particular dental issues than others.
- Patient’s needs – What does the patient want? Are they looking to treat just the aesthetics of their smile, or would they rather take a holistic approach to their teeth
- Comfort and fit – Some brace systems may be better suited to an individual than others, so comfort and fit are important
- Confidence levels – Certain adults might feel confident in their appearance and as such may be more than happy to wear modern-day bracket and wire style brace systems. Conversely others, who are more worried about their looks might prefer something far more discreet.
At our smile Manchester clinic we’ll take on board the needs of the patient, and balance this with the type of treatment needed, to come up with an orthodontic system that works for you. It could be that an accelerated brace treatment suits, such as C-Fast, Six Month Smiles or Secret Smile. Alternatively, a patient may need longer term treatment but would prefer to keep it discreet. In this case they might choose lingual braces which are fastened to the back of the teeth and not the front, or they may ditch the bracket and wiring style of brace altogether and opt for an aligner style treatment such as Invisalign.
As you can see, if you aren’t happy with your smile, Manchester orthodontic treatments can certainly help. Here at Church Road Dental and Cosmetics we invite you to check out our lingual braces before and after pictures, or an Inman Aligner before and after picture, to see the confidence boosting results that can actually be achieved. Why not contact us today on 0161 660 1218 or visit our website at www.clearbracesmanchester.co.uk and book yourself an appointment with Dr Shi Karim and the team.